Official tourism website for Cork, Ireland
Collins Barracks Museum is located in the Old Guard Room inside the old Main Entrance Gate to Collins Barracks. Designed by John Gibson in 1806, the Old Guard room has been renovated in recent times. A memorial museum and reference library were established in 1985 as part of the Cork 800 celebrations. The museum is dedicated to the memory of those members who died performing their duty. The museum exhibits have 3 themes: the History of the Barracks, Michael Collins and Peacekeeping. The core collection consists of memorabilia associated with Michael Collins and also has displays from donated private collections. The exterior layout presents a Shaker cannon from the 1550s, a rare mobile ordnance workshop, a 2 pounder 1940s field artillery piece and a Panhard Armoured Personnel Carrier. Time: 5:00pm-9:00pmWeb:'sevent,butall
Never miss an event or new attraction in Cork.

Pure Cork website use cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. For more details about cookies and how to manage them see our cookie policy